Simmons Fishing Lodge
The first owner of the property, Thomas Simmons, was descended from James Simmons, a Royal Sapper and Miner involved in the construction of the Rideau Canal. In 1886 a young American tourist knocked on the Simmons’ door asking for room and board. He had heard of the area’s wonderful fishing and became the first tourist at Chaffey's Lock. The Simmons family have continued the tradition of hospitality ever since, offering guided fishing trips and by adding a dining room and small cottages. The original lodge burned down in 1996 and was replaced by the building seen today.