The Community Hall
The Chaffey’s Lock Community Hall was built by the Chaffey’s Lock Women’s Institute, which succeeded in its goal of opening the Hall in time for the 100th anniversary of the Rideau Canal in 1932. Its construction was funded by activities such as bake sales, dances, and raffles, with materials and labour donated by the community. The Institute added the kitchen in 1978. In 2013 the Hall was closed for repairs. Due to extensive fundraising, a Trillium Grant and collaboration between the Township of Rideau Lakes and the Chaffey’s Lock Hall Board, the Hall reopened a few months later, featuring a number of improvements. Today the Hall is operated by the Chaffey’s Lock and Area Heritage Society and is available for concerts, community gatherings, and private events.